The women in Nepal were extremely open

6:45 PM

The women in Nepal were extremely open when I was asking to photograph them. Most of them really enjoyed having their picture taken, but in India I got many refusals. Although both countries are incredibly diverse, I noticed that Nepalese women are influenced by the Indian culture. They watch Indian movies and they love Indian music. So, in their style, you see similarities with India.”Through my work, I try to show that beauty goes beyond skin colour and each woman has her own charm. The media encourages women to be trendy, to buy as many clothes as possible, to wear make-up and so on. That’s not beauty anymore. It’s just a marketing strategy to sell more products. Beauty is diversity. It’s not something defined by a marketing strategy. Perhaps in 50 years all women from all around the world will dress and act the same. I hope my project will remain a witness to my era’s cultures and traditions.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images